Are You Acting Like a Pushover?
You have to get along with others to get things done, right? Yes… to a degree. You want to be cooperative, but you don’t want to be seen as a pushover. Watch out for these signs that you’ve taken being the good guy or gal too far – chances are that if you’re feeling these things, other people are noticing them as well.
- You kick yourself for not speaking up in meetings. You only realize your point of view on something after the discussion ends.
- You blame your colleagues for not giving you a chance to speak.
- You feel overwhelmed and pulled in multiple directions.
- Your calendar is all back-to-back meetings, with no time to focus on yourself or your critical priorities.
- Your peers get promoted before you.
*Source: Harvard Business Review’s Management Tip of the Day.
To get the most out of today’s management tip, sign up for Educapro’s exclusive Management Tip Newsletter and get access to in-depth information and personalized feedback in any leadership or management area of interest. Sign up here.