- May 12, 2015
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Blog, English, Management Tips
Expand Your Network Beyond the Usual Players
We all know that a network is important for success, but few of us devote sufficient time to making it useful. If you leave things to chance, your network will be too inward-facing and not diverse enough. You need to learn to network outside your organization, team, and close connections. Here are some practical steps to start developing a stronger network:
- Visit a start-up within your sector. Consider why incumbents rarely lead the way in new products and services.
- Attend a new conference.
- Start a LinkedIn or Facebook group.
- Teach a course at a local college. Learn from your students.
- Go to lunch with a peer from a competing company. Learn more about your market value.
- Connect with someone you’ve lost track of. Ask this person to help you connect with someone new.
*Source: Adapted from Harvard Business Review’s Management Tip of the Day