ADVANCED ENGLISH FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY USING AGILE CONCEPTS
ENGLISH FOR IT AND AGILE TEAMS
Learn to speak and write with greater clarity for the IT sector using Agile concepts.
Advance your IT career
Speak more clearly
Write more clearly
- To practice your English speaking and writing for the IT industry using Agile concepts
- To give you valuable feedback regarding your English speaking and writing skills
- To present you with a broad range of IT and Agile topics to express your ideas, opinions and experience.
- The best way to structure your speaking for maximum clarity and impact
- The most common terms and concepts used in IT and Agile environments
- How to use a numerical structure in your speaking and writing
- How to use a chronological structure when communicating
- How to repeat your main ideas and summarize your message
- The best expressions and idioms to use in each situation
- The best way to connect your ideas to form powerful arguments
- How to imitate the best communicators for maximum effect
- Where to find the best resources to continually improve
- How not to waste words and speak with maximum clarity and efficiency
- How to make it easier for people to understand you.
- How to not worry about your accent and concentrate on your message.
- How to write powerful emails with as few words as possible.
- How to say more with fewer words.
- This course is designed for individuals who want to improve their English communication skills for the IT sector. The central focus of the course is on effective writing and speaking.
- The course can be taken either independently or with a tutor (prices vary according to the tutor package selected)
- Each unit of the course is video-based. The videos cover a wide range of IT and Agile topics taken from real companies, using real people and real products and services.
- Each video lesson is followed by a quiz and exercises to practice writing and speaking.
- The course includes links to grammar resources and an extensive list of vocabulary terms that an IT professional will encounter in their day to day.
- The course can be accessed on any computer or mobile device with access to the Internet
- Successful completion of the course includes a Certificate of Achievement from the European Institute of Science in Management, recognized as a leading language certification body.
To profit from the course, participants should have at least a B1 level of English according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Level B1 corresponds to a lower intermediate level. If you do not have a B1 level, you may take the course and will certainly learn from it, but you should be aware that it will be challenging. Participants with an advanced level of English, even native English speakers, can profit from this course.
If you’re not sure about your level, for a nominal fee of 25€ we offer an initial evaluation to verify your level. This fee is waived if you purchase the course. If you would like to take the evaluation, please send an email to [email protected] and we will send you a link with instructions.
There are a total of 24 units in the course, each with one writing and one speaking exercise. These exercises and the experience gained from them are the most valuable aspect of this training. Thus, you should expect to spend a substantial amount of time on these activities. We recommend spending approximately one hour for each activity, totaling a total of 48 hours. In addition, you can expect to spend about 10 hours on the various listening, reading, and quizzes. If you opt for one-to-one sessions with a tutor, you should add these sessions to the overall total number of hours.
Unit 1: Introduction
- The importance of writing and speaking
- Writing Tips
- Speaking Tips
Unit 2: Hardware
- Hardware at Google
- Agile Hardware Development
- Using Agile Concurrently
Unit 3: Software
- What is Agile?
- Agile, Scrum, and Sprint
- Scrum Explained
Unit 4: Project Management
- Program vs. Project Management
- Agile Project Management
- Agile vs. Traditional Project Management
Unit 5: Networks
- Basic Networking Concepts
- Cloud Computing
Unit 6: Data
- What is a database?
- Database Queries
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Governance
Unit 7: Security
- Application Security
- IoT vs. IT Security
Unit 8: AI and Machine Learning
- What is AI?
- What is machine learning?
- What is machine learning?
- DevOps, MLops, & Aiops
Each video and unit includes a brief multiple-choice and true/false quiz to help you reinforce the learning and test your understanding of the basic vocabulary and concepts. Participants who wish to achieve a Certificate of Achievement from EISM must pass each of these quizzes with at least 70% of their answers correct. However, participants are allowed to take the quizzes as many times as necessary to pass.
More importantly in terms of skills development, students who opt to take the course with the help of a tutor will be assessed on a personal level by their tutor. Their speaking and writing assignments will be evaluated based on the standards of the European Common Framework of Reference for Languages. You can read more information about this framework at www.efrfl.eu.
- Course includes a list of the most relevant vocabulary for IT and Agile teams
- Course includes a list of the most useful phrasal verbs for IT and Agile
- Course includes a list of the most useful connectors for IT and Agile
- Course includes a list of the most useful expressions and idioms for IT and Agile
- Course includes recommendations for further reading
- Course includes list of free resources available on the Internet for further study.
To enroll in the course, follow these easy steps:
- Click on any of the several blue “Enroll” buttons on this page.
- Register on our online digital training platform with your name and email.
- Once registered, log in to the campus and select the course option you want.
- Pay for the course using the provided Paypal link, after which you will gain complete access to the course.
Once enrolled, you will have one year of access to the material to study at your own pace.
You have three options to purchase this course:
- Self-study online course to access and study the material at your own pace (150€)
- Self-study online course + email feedback from a certified EISM trainer (250€)
- Self-study online course + Zoom meetings with EISM trainer (250€ + Zoom Pack*)
*Zoom meetings are available in 10-hour packs for 300€. Each session is 55-minutes of high-impact personalized feedback from a native English trainer experienced in the IT industry. Please contact us at [email protected] for volume discounts and enterprise options.
- EISM is an international leader in the IT and Data Science industry
- The course is specifically designed for the IT sector using Agile terminology
- Includes a certificate from the European Institute of Science in Management
- Strict adherence to the European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Participants who complete the course with a grade of at least 70% will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the European Institute of Science in Management: